Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My Lifestyle Change

I was watching the Biggest Loser season premiere tonight, and I can truly say I can't think of another thing I've seen that has inspired me so much. I remember watching last seasons finale and seeing the transformation that occurred. It was truly amazing.

So, after seeing these past few episodes, I decided something.

I'm going to be a loser.

Well, I already am a loser, but not in that sense haha. I'm definitely going to try and get in shape, lose some weight, watch my diet, and become more active. My big goal is to lost 60 pounds, which'll put me at a healthy 180.

I started off tonight by walking/running 3 miles on the treadmill over the course of an hour. It felt really good to do that. So, I'm going to do the treadmill for about an hour everyday, I'm going to use our Wii Fit and do yoga/balance/strength stuff, and I'm going to gradually start lifting weights to tone my muscles.

I'm feeling really good about this. I feel like I can do it. I've especially got some extra motivation, with a trip to Hawaii over Spring Break.

1 comment:

Little Bay Root said...

That's great buddy. At your age it's great to get into good habits that last a lifetime. Even just getting out and walking for a couple of miles does good, so if you find yourself losing steam, at least go walking. Golf is good for that too, which I know you love...skip renting the cart though. And no beers after!