Sunday, November 16, 2008

Past, Present & Future

I'm now one quarter of the way through my senior year of high school, and as the 2nd semester approaches, I've definitely begun to think about what the future will hold for me, as well as what has led me to where I am at the present time. I recently applied for Oregon State University, Portland State Unviersity, and Western Oregon University. Today, I heard the fantastic news that I was accepted to Oregon State! That's where I ultimately want to go.

Well, I've been definitely thought a lot about high school lately. How fun it has been, the ups and downs, the excitement, the activities, the friendships and all the stuff that goes along. The things that I feel have most helped me through high school have probably been the programs I've been involved it. From band to bowling to Outdoor School. All of those things. Going forward in life without those things is going to be so weird, because it's been the biggest park of my life for the past 4 years.

Though going forth into college, I can take this experiences and go forward with them. By joining different clubs or intramural sports or ensembles or what have you.

Just very interesting.


Senior year is a very stressful year in a lot of different ways. Not in a school way, school isn't stressful or difficult for me at all.

It's all the stuff thats going on. College applications, SAT's, graduation, Band programs and performaces. On top of that, I don't know if I can afford to go to Oregon State which is a really stressful situation for me and my parents. Ugh..

Then there's always the relationship stuff. I can never seem to get anything going, ever. That's another thing.

Just an update of whats going on.


Senior year is the best year ever so far though, and I'm going to make the most of it.

1 comment:

Em said...

If you go to OSU or Western, you will have a great number of things to keep you busy, I would say not so much with Portland State. I like it well enough, but our University Studies program sucks and you'll just end up like me and Andrew: working all the time and going to class. Seriously, if you want to go to OSU, you should do it first off, because it may be more expensive, but PSU will make you take fifteen NON-TRANSFERABLE credits your first three terms and then 12 more your sophomore year, so that would just end up being a waste of money if you weren't planning on finishing up there.

Just wanted to let you know.